Darras Hall in Bloom 2017 Garden Competition
02 August 201711:39
RESIDENTS are being invited to take part in this year’s Darras Hall in Bloom competition, which will run in conjunction with the nation-wide Britain in Bloom 2017 event.
Ponteland has been selected to represent Northumbria in the small town category in the Royal Horticultural Society’s Britain in Bloom UK Finals 2017.
Ponteland has secured the coveted gold award in the ‘small towns’ category in Northumbria in Bloom each year since 2012.
The Town Council has agreed to a request from the Northumbria in Bloom Trustees to be the region’s entry for the small town category in the national competition. Ponteland is also entered in the small town category for Northumbria in Bloom.
As Darras Hall is known as The Garden City of the North, and to demonstrate its support for Northumbria in Bloom, the Darras Hall Estate Committee is staging this year’s Darras Hall in Bloom competition.
The event is being organised in conjunction with Dobbies Garden Centre, whose generous sponsorship will include professional judging and also prizes worth £600.
Residents are being invited to enter their gardens into the competition, which will be judged by Dobbies Ponteland garden centre manager Paul Travis Anderson, who is an acknowledged garden award adjudicator.
Dobbies is the local garden centre for Darras Hall, whose green-fingered residents are being offered vouchers of £300, £200 and £100 as first, second and third prizes.
All you have to do is submit up to four of the sort of high-resolution photographs that are taken by any modern mobile phone together with your name, address, phone number and e-mail and click on this link to upload them http://www.darras-hall.net/about-darras-hall/photography-upload/ before the closing deadline of Friday August 18.
The aim of the competition is very simple – to recognise the endeavours of the residents of Darras Hall whose gardening efforts on a daily basis combine to help make this the best place to live in the North of England.
Happy gardening…and good luck.
For legal reasons we have to include the following rules and regulations:
Darras Hall in Bloom Garden Competition Rules
1. The photo must be taken by the person entering.
2. We can only accept digital images.
3. You can enter a maximum of four photos. Make sure the file size of each is at least 1Mb.
4. Include your name, address and email address with each entry. Strictly Darras Hall Estate addresses only.
5. The closing date of the competition Friday 18 August 2017. You must be the owner/resident of the gardens photographed (family included).
6. Judging will take place between 23-25 August and all prize winners will be notified within 14 days
1. This competition is open to all residents (and families) of the Darras Hall Estate except for employees the Estates Committee, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted by via website clicking link http://www.darras-hall.net/about-darras-hall/photography-upload/ Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number and email address. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Darras Hall Estates Committee to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
9. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
10. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
12. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.